Friday is a furahi day in Kenya means happy Friday, a day to munch into some junk as the weekend approaches. So here we are who will say no to chipsssssssss. Chips in Kenya are so famous; today we shall make masala chips. Here we go.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 Potatoes Peeled, washed and grated into chips, using a chips cutter.
- 500ml Oil for deep frying, you can use air fryer for healthier chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Cabbage
- 1 tomato Chopped
- 1 Capsium sliced into thins chips
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Maggi Ketchup sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Red chilli powder paste (Mix 2tbsp red chilli powder, 1/2tsp oil, ½ a lemon squeezed and water, make a thick paste)
- Cheese slices (optional) only if you want them cheesy
- Deep fry or air fry the chips, once ready put it aside, need not make them crunchy.
- In a pan add some oil, place the chopped tomatoes, once they melt, add cabbage and capsicum, let it cook for a while; add salt, pepper and red chilli paste at this stage that includes for the chips also.
- Now add all the sauces and mixed herbs, if the gravy is too thick, you can add a little water to dilute it a bit.
- Finally add the chips and mix well, if you are a cheesy person, you can add cheese slices and let it simmer for 7 minutes and tada served with cold cold soda.
Have a fabulous Friday. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Leave a Reply