Wow here is another super healthy high protein rich dish. The normal khichdi that we make can bore us, so here mixing all the grains in the house and cooking it with some spices to give you a delicious healthy meal. So lets begin.
- A fist full Orange Dal (Massor Dal Split)
- a fist full split green grams with skin
- a fist full split green grams without skin
- a fist full fat rice
- a handful tuver dal
- a handful chana dal (split red grams)
- a handful peanuts
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger chilly paste1 cup chopped carrot. potato and cauliflower
- Water as required – if you want it to be saucy add a little more water, measure the above into cups and add double the amount of water, then add 1 cup more.
- 1 tbsp oil, a tsp mustard seeds, a tsp tumeric powder, a tsp dhana jeera powder and a tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Get all the grains in a bowl, wash it thoroughly and soak it in water for 10 minutes
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add mustard seeds until they crackle up, add the ginger chilly paste, followed by chopped tomatoes, once the tomatoes melt, add the vegetables
- Once the vegetables are added, put all the spices, including peanuts, let it cook for 5 minutes, then add the soaked grains, followed by salt again,
- Pressure on low flme for 3 to 4 whistles. the combination of these grains is scrumptious. A must try. Served with curd, or eaten as it is by adding some ghee.