Ever wondered how easily these yummies can be made at home. I would recommend you google the benefits of Urad dal. Well i get this from one of my south indian friend’s mom. Super easy, so lets begin! Super spongy and tasty too 🙂
Ingredients Makes 12 medium size pieces
- 1.5 cups white peeled urad dal (Black Lentil without skin)
- Water to soak it over night
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp coarsely crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp green chilly paste
- Oil for frying
- Wash the urad dal and soak it in clean water over night, following morning blend it into a smooth paste, with one portion coarsely blended.
- While blending take if yu face difficulties, you can just SPRINKLE some water to the batter, do not add so much water, just take little quantities to blend.
- Remove the batter in a strainer, so all unnecessary water soaks out, leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now add the salt, pepper and green chilly paste to batter, mix well while in the stariner.
- Heat oil, wet your hands, take some batter with your right hand, place on the fingers of your left hand, now dip you right hand index finger in water and make a hole. Once the oil heats gently place the donut shaped vada in the oil. The nture of urad dal is such that it shal automatically slide from your hands.
- Fry till golden brown and enjoy!!!
Leave a Reply