Here is a very handy parotha recipe. It should be served when hot, that’s when you enjoy it. Let’s begin;
Ingredients (Makes 12 Parothas)
- 2 Cups grated Paneer
- 1/2 Cup grated Mozerella or cheddar cheese
- 3-4 chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp. of all dried herbs namely; Rosemary, Mixed herbs, Parsley, thyme, Oregano and red chilli flakes.
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ green capsicum chopped very small
For the dough
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Home Baking Flour
- ¼ cup Self raising flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Just enough water to knead a soft dough
- Knead the dough and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl add the grated paneer, cheese and all the above ingredients and mix well. Taste and add chilli or salt accordingly.
- Make 12 round portion of the dough, and roll them flat with a rolling pin. Add the paneer stuffing into it and fold it in a square shape (as shown in the pictures below).
- Roll it again and roast on a pan with some oil.
NB: The cheese is added so the paneer binds itself well to the stuffing, as you cook it, the cheese melts and makes sure the paneer is held in well.