Woooh the heat in Nairobi makes one crave for something cold and soothing. So I decided to make this ice cold custard milk fruit salad. Let’s cut the heat with this super delicious salad.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 1 litre milk
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Custard Powder
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 Bananas diced into small cubes
- 1 Apple diced into small cubes
- 1 cup of whole grapes, which should be diced into small cubes
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Boil Milk, add 2 tbsp. of whole sugar, and boil for further 10 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and bring it to a boil until it thickens, add saffron to the milk.
- Then melt the custard in cold milk, and add it to the milk.
- Boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Let it cool, refrigerate it, and once you remove it from the refrigerator sieve it with a sieve to remove all the malai (milk particles) from it.
- Add the chopped fruits and enjoy
- Remember to chop the fruits at the time of eating, mix as needed. This will make it last longer.
Leave a Reply